Friday, August 18, 2006

Paradise

Yes, It's just another day here in Paradise. This is the last weekend of my "holiday" the sun is out - the lake is calm and instead of laying at the beach, or cruising in our speedboat I'm sitting home - working in the garden - pulling weeds - cleaning house. What's wrong with this picture?

Yes, it's been a great 2 weeks off. Freezing green, yellow and purple beans until the freezer's bursting, and now the tomotoes are starting to ripen. I've made and canned 2 batches of slasa already, and it's just the beginning. Yesterday I harvested some of my herbs - parsley and loveage, dried and bottled it. It makes me feel so smart to do that. I'm going to try drying a bunch of stuff and putting it all together in a savory blend for seasoning soups, stews, roasts: parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.......

But before I start on that, I think maybe I should finish weeding the back garden, and maybe I can convince Don that it's a good idea to get out on the water while the sun is shining!

Gotta Go!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, now I know where Rachel gets her productive drive from!

Would you be willing to post your salsa recipe? I am growing two tomato plants on my deck (apartment living is just lame when it comes to gardening!), and I need to do something with all those tomatoes so they don't just go bad:(

Hope your weekend is sunny and fun! :D

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home